These pins are specifically made for Elite Bows to enable you to relax the string and cables without the need to remove the Draw Stops. WE DO NOT RECOMMEND USING THE ELITE PINS FOR A COMPLETE TAKE-DOWN.
There is minimum clearance between the U-Channel on the pin and the limb of the bow. So trying to align them by closing the Spikepress can be tricky.
1. The pins are identical, so there is no left or right set.
2. Install the Elite pins into the horizontal pin retainers.
3. Engage the left side of the bow into the Elite pins on the left side first and allow the bow to rest on the cam spacers.
4. As you are holding the bow with your left hand, using the hand wheel, close the press, bringing the Elite pins very close to the limb of the right side of the bow, and adjust the width of the pins to line up with the limb.
5. At this point, instead of closing the bow press, with your right hand, slide out the Elite pins from the pin retainers one at a time, enough to engage them with the right side of the bow limb.
Once they are engaged, you can close the bow press and apply light pressure.
Now you can move the bow up or down, and position the Elite pins to the desired position (depending on the angle of the limbs to prevent possible sliding).
Special attention is required when pressing the Elite Victory! Due to the wide-pocket angle, we recommend placing the Elite pins on the 20 degree angle setting (holes) of the pin retainers. On this particular bow, the inside blade of the Elite pin may wedge against the bottom of the “Y” in the limb, so we recommend placing protective tape in that area of the limb to prevent any marring.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
All prices are in USD